Wednesday 17 February 2010

What a Way to Make a Living: Weaving 8 'til Late...







Yarn Wrappings of Inspiration







Weaving So Far...

After taking two full days to thread up my loom... today was the day when I could finally start to weave! After a tutorial with Margo Selby on Monday, I have chosen to take inspiration for the cloth design from yarn wrappings that I had done. The idea of some of the yarns shooting only half way across the warp seemed an interesting angle to take, and something that I have never thought to replicate in cloth before. This idea really excited me and I have had a really enjoyable day starting to weave with this idea! I have put on a blanket warp, with a block draft warp next to a pointed draft warp, so I am getting interesting and exciting things happening on both of them that sometimes are not planned. These photo's are close ups of the cloth which is still on the loom, but I wanted to put them on because I am really pleased with the way they are going. The colour palette is much more enjoyable to work with than previous projects as love the bold, bright colours taken from my concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment